Odiorne Heavy Wish
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: File 13
Former Mercury Rev drummer Jimy Chambers has been working on his Odiorne side project for over seven years now, and though it is just now debuting in the extended format, one can easily hear the years of hard work and studio experience that have gone into it. Equal parts Britpop, post punk, folk and shoegaze, Heavy Wish layers haunting synthetic strings, searing sound effects and shimmering production over punchy, heavy percussion. Highlights include piano-and-keys piece "Kino," which falls somewhere between Radiohead and My Bloody Valentine, and "Creature of Habit," which sounds like an ambient Beatles tune (I swear). With multiple listens the album‘s subtle, experienced songwriting and sophisticated production sink in.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player