Odiorne Heavy Wish
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: File 13
Former Mercury Rev drummer Jimy Chambers has been working on his Odiorne side project for over seven years now, and though it is just now debuting in the extended format, one can easily hear the years of hard work and studio experience that have gone into it. Equal parts Britpop, post punk, folk and shoegaze, Heavy Wish layers haunting synthetic strings, searing sound effects and shimmering production over punchy, heavy percussion. Highlights include piano-and-keys piece "Kino," which falls somewhere between Radiohead and My Bloody Valentine, and "Creature of Habit," which sounds like an ambient Beatles tune (I swear). With multiple listens the album‘s subtle, experienced songwriting and sophisticated production sink in.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player