Oh No Dr. No's Oxperiment
- Words: Rico "Superbizzee" Washington
- Label: Stones Throw
When your record label GM grants you carte blanche to his vast library of rare jazz, funk, and psych rock from the far reaches of Europe, you don't drag ass at the opportunity to chop up these treasures into samples for your next record. Oh No, Madlib's baby brother, takes heed and rises to the occasion, further expanding his conceptual horizons in the burgeoning tradition of Stones Throw's 30-track beat reel, solely with nuggets gleaned from Turkey, Greece, Italy, and Lebanon. While no one's spitting multi-syllabic bars over these clever instrumentals, the results of this "oxperiment" (dubbed for Oh No's hometown of Oxnard, CA) exhibit a dope alchemy of West Coast bounce-meets-vintage Mediterranean and Arabic swagger.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player