Okai Bout That
- Words: Duncan Phillips
- Label: Soundchron
Produced by Ayatollah, Okai‘s single should remind hip-hop fans of Gang Starr, Mobb Deep, and Black Moon‘s gritty OG sound-a welcome change in this bling era. Why? ‘Cause it means Okai (who reps East Flatbush) has to be as dramatic and lyrical as Ayatollah‘s funky beat. No monotone flow and an 808 here, son. "Face Off" features Planet Asia who informs us that he‘s "comin‘ with force," which he does over a sample-filtered, low-slung groove.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player