Okai Bout That
- Words: Duncan Phillips
- Label: Soundchron
Produced by Ayatollah, Okai‘s single should remind hip-hop fans of Gang Starr, Mobb Deep, and Black Moon‘s gritty OG sound-a welcome change in this bling era. Why? ‘Cause it means Okai (who reps East Flatbush) has to be as dramatic and lyrical as Ayatollah‘s funky beat. No monotone flow and an 808 here, son. "Face Off" features Planet Asia who informs us that he‘s "comin‘ with force," which he does over a sample-filtered, low-slung groove.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player