Oliver Huntemann H-3
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Ideal Audio
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Walking the line between commercial dance music and the so-called “underground” is no simple task, yet Hamburg techno veteran Oliver Huntemann continues to do it with ease. On his third solo album, Huntemann delivers a unique brand of driving, linear techno that is just as likely to be caned by big-room DJs as it is by the minimal crowd. “Rikarda” clicks and clacks along for three minutes until a huge filtered bassline suddenly takes things to a euphoric new level. Impeccably precise and littered with robotic blips and beeps, this isn’t a light-hearted album by any means. H-3 may not be a fun record, but it is the perfect accompaniment for a sweaty night of body jacking.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player