Oliver Huntemann H-3
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Ideal Audio
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Walking the line between commercial dance music and the so-called “underground” is no simple task, yet Hamburg techno veteran Oliver Huntemann continues to do it with ease. On his third solo album, Huntemann delivers a unique brand of driving, linear techno that is just as likely to be caned by big-room DJs as it is by the minimal crowd. “Rikarda” clicks and clacks along for three minutes until a huge filtered bassline suddenly takes things to a euphoric new level. Impeccably precise and littered with robotic blips and beeps, this isn’t a light-hearted album by any means. H-3 may not be a fun record, but it is the perfect accompaniment for a sweaty night of body jacking.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player