Oliver Huntemann H-3
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Ideal Audio
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Walking the line between commercial dance music and the so-called “underground” is no simple task, yet Hamburg techno veteran Oliver Huntemann continues to do it with ease. On his third solo album, Huntemann delivers a unique brand of driving, linear techno that is just as likely to be caned by big-room DJs as it is by the minimal crowd. “Rikarda” clicks and clacks along for three minutes until a huge filtered bassline suddenly takes things to a euphoric new level. Impeccably precise and littered with robotic blips and beeps, this isn’t a light-hearted album by any means. H-3 may not be a fun record, but it is the perfect accompaniment for a sweaty night of body jacking.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player