Oliver Koletzki Get Wasted
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Stil Vor Talent
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Get Wasted shows techno producer Oliver Koletzki's love of deeply embedded funk, which places his electronic style about as far away from monotonous as you can get. "Song For S.," one of Wasted's strongest tracks, sends a catchy riff snaking around tech-house territory, while the funky "Terence Hill" bleeds into raspier techno textures. Koletzki's ear holds equal love for clean, driving techno rhythms and bouncy house, and his hybrid is engaging. "Dieses Lied Glaubt An Sich" starts out like a Basic Channel track, but then neatly ties its zigzag minimal beats to lush piano rhythms, creating something both unexpected and hip-swerving.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player