Oliver Koletzki Get Wasted
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Stil Vor Talent
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Get Wasted shows techno producer Oliver Koletzki's love of deeply embedded funk, which places his electronic style about as far away from monotonous as you can get. "Song For S.," one of Wasted's strongest tracks, sends a catchy riff snaking around tech-house territory, while the funky "Terence Hill" bleeds into raspier techno textures. Koletzki's ear holds equal love for clean, driving techno rhythms and bouncy house, and his hybrid is engaging. "Dieses Lied Glaubt An Sich" starts out like a Basic Channel track, but then neatly ties its zigzag minimal beats to lush piano rhythms, creating something both unexpected and hip-swerving.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player