Oliver Koletzki Get Wasted
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Stil Vor Talent
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Get Wasted shows techno producer Oliver Koletzki's love of deeply embedded funk, which places his electronic style about as far away from monotonous as you can get. "Song For S.," one of Wasted's strongest tracks, sends a catchy riff snaking around tech-house territory, while the funky "Terence Hill" bleeds into raspier techno textures. Koletzki's ear holds equal love for clean, driving techno rhythms and bouncy house, and his hybrid is engaging. "Dieses Lied Glaubt An Sich" starts out like a Basic Channel track, but then neatly ties its zigzag minimal beats to lush piano rhythms, creating something both unexpected and hip-swerving.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player