Oliver Koletzki The Process
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Resopal
It must be cool to mess around with electronic gear and suddenly find your track hitting heavy club rotation around the world. Such was the Cinder-fella case for Berlin DJ/producer Oliver Koletzki when his single "Der Mückenschwarm" was discovered by the Cocoon label last year. The Process is Koletzki's ode to the lean, minimal pull of microhouse, and there's no question it's expertly produced. If anything-because Koletzki sculpts The Process into a long, continuous composition-you wonder how this almost too-seamless mix meshes with his live DJing style; the jacking beats that surface later in the mix perplex even more.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player