Oliver Lieb The Best Of L.S.G.
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Superstition
If a single artist can be considered most responsible for inspiring rave shenanigans during the '90s, surely it's Oliver Lieb. Ceaselessly prolific in his day, it's fair to say that this German composer all but single-handedly shaped the art of non-cheesy trance under a wealth of different monikers-including his dark, acid-doused work as Spicelab for the Harthouse label. This double-CD retrospective of Lieb's work as LSG gloriously revisits '90s trance dancefloors, with a bonus disc offering Lieb faves in their stronger, un-retouched state, including his gorgeous classics "Blueprint" and "Hearts." Hey, we all twirled glowsticks around once, and-as Lieb gently reminds us-that's okay.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player