Ollo The If If
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: 12 Apostles
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
It's rare that a duo blends the heavily layered jamming of Can with the downtempo groove of Massive Attack, but Ollo succeeds with flying colors. On their second full-length, these Australian multi-instrumentalists serve up a handful of Kraut jams, incorporating spastic live drums, wah-pedaled guitars, and funk bass from space. If it's not the trippy guitar solos on "Summer Salt" that weave you into the boys' interplanetary web, it'll be the always-shifting synth pads that reel you in and take you under.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player