Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Se Dice Bisonte, No Bufalo
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Gold Standard Laboratories
Noise tweaker and guitar god Omar Rodriguez-Lopez pushed the envelope harder on his last solo effort A Manual Dexterity: Soundtrack Volume One. But give the guy a break, as this is just one of four albums The Mars Volta honcho wrote and recorded while in Amsterdam in 2005. Featuring Amputechre apocrypha and Omar's upcoming soundtrack for the film El Bufalo de la Noche, this disc is a mash of tracks and time signatures. "The Lukewarm" and "Luxury of Infancy" are short experiments with sound effects and guitar leads, while the psych-rock "Rapid Fire Tollbooth," a fan favorite, finally gets laid down on disc for posterity. Prog has never rocked so hard.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player