Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Se Dice Bisonte, No Bufalo
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Gold Standard Laboratories
Noise tweaker and guitar god Omar Rodriguez-Lopez pushed the envelope harder on his last solo effort A Manual Dexterity: Soundtrack Volume One. But give the guy a break, as this is just one of four albums The Mars Volta honcho wrote and recorded while in Amsterdam in 2005. Featuring Amputechre apocrypha and Omar's upcoming soundtrack for the film El Bufalo de la Noche, this disc is a mash of tracks and time signatures. "The Lukewarm" and "Luxury of Infancy" are short experiments with sound effects and guitar leads, while the psych-rock "Rapid Fire Tollbooth," a fan favorite, finally gets laid down on disc for posterity. Prog has never rocked so hard.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player