Omega One The Lo-Fi Chronicles
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Nature Sounds
Omega One‘s production is all over the place-and that‘s a good thing. Most of the 15-tracker meshes eclectic samples with gritty drums and seamless sequencing. Tracks like "Memento" and "Mom‘s Revolver" demonstrate tip-top technique and a near flawless execution, while "Cliff Banger" is a showcase of Omega‘s knack for clean scratching. Charismatic numbers like "Body Double" and "Paper Bag Boxer" are able to bump and be soothing simultaneously. Although mostly known for his collaborations with Aesop Rock, The Lo-Fi Chronicles proves that Omega One is more than capable of carrying an album by himself.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player