Omega One The Lo-Fi Chronicles
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Nature Sounds
Omega One‘s production is all over the place-and that‘s a good thing. Most of the 15-tracker meshes eclectic samples with gritty drums and seamless sequencing. Tracks like "Memento" and "Mom‘s Revolver" demonstrate tip-top technique and a near flawless execution, while "Cliff Banger" is a showcase of Omega‘s knack for clean scratching. Charismatic numbers like "Body Double" and "Paper Bag Boxer" are able to bump and be soothing simultaneously. Although mostly known for his collaborations with Aesop Rock, The Lo-Fi Chronicles proves that Omega One is more than capable of carrying an album by himself.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player