As One So Far (So Good)
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Ubiquity
Heartless techno? Not here, my friend. Over the course of eleven years and six albums, Kirk Degiorgio has carefully crafted future soul that proves the passion of machines need be neither cold nor heartless. This compendium provides an admirable overview of Degiorgio's stellar career, barring the omission (due to corporate licensing snafus) of any material from his time signed to Mo' Wax. Nevertheless, So Far (So Good) shines with gems like the liquid and driving "Isatai" from his seminal ART imprint, and 1996's thumping funk workout, "Queen Constance." Required listening for androids who dare to dream.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player