As One So Far (So Good)
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Ubiquity
Heartless techno? Not here, my friend. Over the course of eleven years and six albums, Kirk Degiorgio has carefully crafted future soul that proves the passion of machines need be neither cold nor heartless. This compendium provides an admirable overview of Degiorgio's stellar career, barring the omission (due to corporate licensing snafus) of any material from his time signed to Mo' Wax. Nevertheless, So Far (So Good) shines with gems like the liquid and driving "Isatai" from his seminal ART imprint, and 1996's thumping funk workout, "Queen Constance." Required listening for androids who dare to dream.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player