Onethema Sticks For Bits
- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: Underscan
Another music revolution is being ushered in by producers like 20-year-old London resident Simon Petre (Onethma) who've grown up using downloaded music software (shareware). Creating radical electronic sounds outside the confines of traditional sequencing programs, manuals or interfaces, Petre incorporates processing mistakes in his neo-classical, minimalist, splattering ambient sound explosions. Thorny listening for sure, but revolution is never comfortable.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player