The Opus Blending Destiny
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Self-released
After a three-year hiatus, Chicago's premier instrumental hip-hop duo, The Opus, is back with another hypnotic and overcast album. With their boom-bap rhythms and ethereal melodies, the compositions of Mr. Echoes and The Isle of Weight are hard enough to evoke head-nods but calm enough to inspire deep contemplation. And a number of remixes, including their eerie take on Sonic Sum's "Films," don't interrupt the flow of this release a bit. While not a huge step forward from previous efforts, Blending Destiny is a worthy continuation of the atmospheric sound this duo has been delivering since the turn of the century.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player