Organum + Z'Ev Tinnitus Vu
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Touch Tone
Finally, a noise record dedicated to the wanderlust of tinnitus! Avant-industrial percussionist Z'ev collaborated with composer David Jackman (Organum) to make you realize just how disorienting yet addictive it is to leave a concert and have harmonious squeals smother your eardrums. Yet Tinnitus is easy listening. A soothing cloud of heavy reverb and flanged air drenches this 16-minute EP into a sleepwalking pace. Added to the ether are soft drones, sporadic piano chords, and light, clicking percussion that brushes like elm branches against the walls of a house. Since Z'ev and Jackman have probably lived with damaged ears for so long, this is their comfort music.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player