Organum + Z'Ev Tinnitus Vu
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Touch Tone
Finally, a noise record dedicated to the wanderlust of tinnitus! Avant-industrial percussionist Z'ev collaborated with composer David Jackman (Organum) to make you realize just how disorienting yet addictive it is to leave a concert and have harmonious squeals smother your eardrums. Yet Tinnitus is easy listening. A soothing cloud of heavy reverb and flanged air drenches this 16-minute EP into a sleepwalking pace. Added to the ether are soft drones, sporadic piano chords, and light, clicking percussion that brushes like elm branches against the walls of a house. Since Z'ev and Jackman have probably lived with damaged ears for so long, this is their comfort music.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player