Organum + Z'Ev Tinnitus Vu
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Touch Tone
Finally, a noise record dedicated to the wanderlust of tinnitus! Avant-industrial percussionist Z'ev collaborated with composer David Jackman (Organum) to make you realize just how disorienting yet addictive it is to leave a concert and have harmonious squeals smother your eardrums. Yet Tinnitus is easy listening. A soothing cloud of heavy reverb and flanged air drenches this 16-minute EP into a sleepwalking pace. Added to the ether are soft drones, sporadic piano chords, and light, clicking percussion that brushes like elm branches against the walls of a house. Since Z'ev and Jackman have probably lived with damaged ears for so long, this is their comfort music.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player