Original Hamster Presents Trendsetters and the Followers
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Tigerbeat6
Unfortunately, much of Chilean producer Vicente Sanfuentes' latest disc is more "follower" than "trendsetter." The bouncy, elastic bassline-filled electro likely wouldn't clear a dancefloor, but it wouldn't necessarily fill one, either. Daft Punk particularly comes through as an influence here, down to the inflections of funk and house layered with vocoders. And the outright cover on the album, a beep-filled version of "Burning Down the House" (with more filtered vocals), doesn't add to The Talking Heads' original.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player