Osunlade Aquarian Moon
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: BBE
Only a sensitive soul such as multifaceted producer Osunlade would title a song "The Day We Met For Coffee." This song, like many on his second proper artist album, combines a variety of chilled instrumentation (vibes, acoustic guitar, string arrangements, and ethnic percussion) with steady house and downbeat grooves for an introspective and colorful listen. Aquarian Moon recalls the expanses of global fusion jazz musicians Airto Moreira, Deodato, and Andy Narell-free thinkers who some say degraded trad jazz's proper arrangements with hippie-dippy noodling. The disc (written as an ode to the Greek island Santorini) sounds more like the work of the latter producer, with outstanding headphone jams ("Oia In Winter") butting up against future jazz club goodness ("SokinSikartep").
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player