Otaku No Denki The Future Played Backwards
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Viper
Though their name suggests otherwise, Otaku No Denki is not a Japanese girl band, but a trio of white guys (Chris McCabe, Joey Cannon and Dean Salleyman) from Liverpool. The confusion is understandable, since the futuristic playfulness of their first album, The Future Played Backwards, would feel right at home in a neon-lit Tokyo pachinko parlor. The tinny synth melodies of "Calculator" and "My First Telescope" are bright and shiny like pennies on the tongue, and even the moody "Tower" can't fully escape Otaku No Denki's computer-generated optimism. The Future... is like one big nod to Kraftwerk's 1981 epic, Computer World.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player