Otto Von Schirach Chopped Zombie Fungus
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Schematic
Over the past few years "glitch" has come into its own, weaning from the teat of academia. No doubt glitch is still a navel-gazing breast man, but now an eye's turned to the bootay, at least via Cuban-American producer Otto Von Schirach. Recording ricocheting rhythm for Schematic, Von Schirach mixes IDM with Miami bass-bred electro and ghetto-tech with gabba in his crispy crystal-packed bowl of baked Chopped Zombie Fungus. He's still plenty glitch, though, as in: Is there a synaptic glitch? Is everything firing a bit off? There are rhythms to make crowds go mental, but the impression here is that Schirach's the one gone mad. Thankfully, he leans away from self-indulgent Tigerbeat6 style frequency farts, feet planted firmly even if his head's way up and out there. Release the tit and kiss your ass goodbye.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player