Otto Von Schirach Maxipad Detention
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Ipecac
Maybe it‘s safer to not ask what the noises of copulation, dogs, cows, babies, and a toy drummer gone thrash metal all mean on Otto Von Schirach's "Submarine Mammal Milk." Other monstrosities here, like "Alligator Waltz" and "Tea Bagging the Dead," show how computers can bastardize yet enhance heavy metal. Highlights are the old-school noisecore gore of "Three Billion Electron Volts" and "Cantaloupe Syphilis Gravy," a hypothetical meeting of Autechre and Pee Wee Herman. On Maxipad Detention, Von Schirach indulges his usual psychosexual shtick, but we now know that he has a thing for reptilian women, anyways.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player