Out Hud Let Us Never Speak of It Again
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Kranky
You gotta love this whole "making over disco via a post-punk spit shine" thing, and Out Hud are old pros. Since their first release in 1998, the band has streamlined and tweaked out their sound one track at a time, finally settling on a solid groove with their second LP. Grounded in the amped-up pulse of the high-hat and the split lead female vocals, the album‘s best tracks ("Old Nude," "How Long") are dreamy, irresistible dance pop numbers with enough substance (yes, that is a cello) to keep even the avant garde wallflowers interested in the beats.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player