Out Hud Let Us Never Speak of It Again
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Kranky
You gotta love this whole "making over disco via a post-punk spit shine" thing, and Out Hud are old pros. Since their first release in 1998, the band has streamlined and tweaked out their sound one track at a time, finally settling on a solid groove with their second LP. Grounded in the amped-up pulse of the high-hat and the split lead female vocals, the album‘s best tracks ("Old Nude," "How Long") are dreamy, irresistible dance pop numbers with enough substance (yes, that is a cello) to keep even the avant garde wallflowers interested in the beats.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player