Overproof Soundsystem Nothing To Prove
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Different Drummer
Some dub records can sound a little too brooding, due to an over reliance on basslines that just reverberate around your consciousness. Thankfully, Overproof Soundsystem comes from a school where original ideas and musicality form the base for their exciting productions. "Kunta Kinte" takes strings with an almost Destiny's Child sprightliness on a trip to the golden shores of the Caribbean, where a heavenly flute relaxes in a hammock and keys smile. "The Herb" sees the Cheshire Cat chat about the power of a sweet-sickly weed over a potent bass and merged keys.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player