Overproof Soundsystem Nothing To Prove
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Different Drummer
Some dub records can sound a little too brooding, due to an over reliance on basslines that just reverberate around your consciousness. Thankfully, Overproof Soundsystem comes from a school where original ideas and musicality form the base for their exciting productions. "Kunta Kinte" takes strings with an almost Destiny's Child sprightliness on a trip to the golden shores of the Caribbean, where a heavenly flute relaxes in a hammock and keys smile. "The Herb" sees the Cheshire Cat chat about the power of a sweet-sickly weed over a potent bass and merged keys.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player