Overproof Soundsystem Nothing To Prove
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Different Drummer
Some dub records can sound a little too brooding, due to an over reliance on basslines that just reverberate around your consciousness. Thankfully, Overproof Soundsystem comes from a school where original ideas and musicality form the base for their exciting productions. "Kunta Kinte" takes strings with an almost Destiny's Child sprightliness on a trip to the golden shores of the Caribbean, where a heavenly flute relaxes in a hammock and keys smile. "The Herb" sees the Cheshire Cat chat about the power of a sweet-sickly weed over a potent bass and merged keys.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player