Overproof Soundsystem Nothing To Prove
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Different Drummer
Some dub records can sound a little too brooding, due to an over reliance on basslines that just reverberate around your consciousness. Thankfully, Overproof Soundsystem comes from a school where original ideas and musicality form the base for their exciting productions. "Kunta Kinte" takes strings with an almost Destiny's Child sprightliness on a trip to the golden shores of the Caribbean, where a heavenly flute relaxes in a hammock and keys smile. "The Herb" sees the Cheshire Cat chat about the power of a sweet-sickly weed over a potent bass and merged keys.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player