Owusu & Hannibal Living With Owusu & Hannibal
- Words: Rico "Superbizzee" Washington
- Label: Ubiquity
It‘s astounding that this Copenhagen duo managed to birth one of the most sublime excursions into Euro-chic synth-soul after meeting less than a year ago. Tossing interstellar beats into a basket with fruits plucked from the gardens of Maxwell, Jamiroquai, 4 Hero, and Jazzanova, Living is a virtual cornucopia of soundscapes that flaunts complex, interwoven vocal harmonics ("Blue Jay"), early-‘80s Prince fodder ("Upstairs Downstairs"), and blissful new wave chord progressions ("Le Fox"). Owusu & Hannibal's electronic orgy of mellow moods grooves with a synergy that implies years of chomping at the bit.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player