Owusu & Hannibal Living With Owusu & Hannibal
- Words: Rico "Superbizzee" Washington
- Label: Ubiquity
It‘s astounding that this Copenhagen duo managed to birth one of the most sublime excursions into Euro-chic synth-soul after meeting less than a year ago. Tossing interstellar beats into a basket with fruits plucked from the gardens of Maxwell, Jamiroquai, 4 Hero, and Jazzanova, Living is a virtual cornucopia of soundscapes that flaunts complex, interwoven vocal harmonics ("Blue Jay"), early-‘80s Prince fodder ("Upstairs Downstairs"), and blissful new wave chord progressions ("Le Fox"). Owusu & Hannibal's electronic orgy of mellow moods grooves with a synergy that implies years of chomping at the bit.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player