Owusu & Hannibal Living With Owusu & Hannibal
- Words: Rico "Superbizzee" Washington
- Label: Ubiquity
It‘s astounding that this Copenhagen duo managed to birth one of the most sublime excursions into Euro-chic synth-soul after meeting less than a year ago. Tossing interstellar beats into a basket with fruits plucked from the gardens of Maxwell, Jamiroquai, 4 Hero, and Jazzanova, Living is a virtual cornucopia of soundscapes that flaunts complex, interwoven vocal harmonics ("Blue Jay"), early-‘80s Prince fodder ("Upstairs Downstairs"), and blissful new wave chord progressions ("Le Fox"). Owusu & Hannibal's electronic orgy of mellow moods grooves with a synergy that implies years of chomping at the bit.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player