Pan.American For Waiting, For Chasing
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Mosz
Pan.American is the iconic transformation of Mark Nelson from guitarist singer in the Kranky-birthing band Labradford into a computer overlord. Five albums and several split EPs later, Nelson has spun his penchant for dub and noise into a captivating long-player that defies the archetypal ambient template. Somewhere in between the bubbling sound waves and incessant pitch shifting exists an intimate center: the sound of the swamp, a multi-celled organism reproducing, a brain hard at work. There is some thoroughly mystical programming and an array of acoustic instruments at work here, making this is by far Pan.American's most inspired and complex effort.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player