Pantha Du Prince Black Noise
The third full-length from Hendrick Weber maintains the high quality of previous efforts while pushing certain elements of his shoegaze-y, minimal-inspired techno sound further. Noah Lennox (a.k.a. Panda Bear) contributes some lovely multi-tracked vocals to "Stick to My Side," giving even more emotional resonance to Weber's always-emotional sonic palette. And in a nod to classical minimalists like Philip Glass and Steve Reich, the prepared bells and other organic percussive elements heard on the album repeat in hypnotic swirls, yet change slightly every so often. With the glassy, Superpitcher-like phrases of "Satellite Sniper" and the ambient warmth that rides over the kicks on "Welt Am Draht," Black Noise just might be the height of Weber's work under the Pantha Du Prince moniker.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player