Pantha Du Prince This Bliss
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Dial
Echoing his Dialed-in peers-most notably label co-founder Lawrence-Pantha du Prince saturates This Bliss with hammer-derived sounds (or their synthetic equivalents), layering glockenspiel and so on over a seductive house template. This album, Hendrik Weber's second long-player under his Pantha du Prince alter-ego, was apparently partially produced in an old Parisian monastery-for all that, it is very, very lovely-yet this isn't an album that's particularly tranquil or calming. Rather, This Bliss is twitchy and restless, as if shot through with a hearty dose of caffeine.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player