Pantha Du Prince This Bliss
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Dial
Echoing his Dialed-in peers-most notably label co-founder Lawrence-Pantha du Prince saturates This Bliss with hammer-derived sounds (or their synthetic equivalents), layering glockenspiel and so on over a seductive house template. This album, Hendrik Weber's second long-player under his Pantha du Prince alter-ego, was apparently partially produced in an old Parisian monastery-for all that, it is very, very lovely-yet this isn't an album that's particularly tranquil or calming. Rather, This Bliss is twitchy and restless, as if shot through with a hearty dose of caffeine.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player