- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Temporary Residence
What Kentucky natives Parlour (featuring ex-members of Aerial M and The For Carnation) offer in Googler is a hypnotic glimpse of what post-rock is best capable of. Songs like "Jololinine" and "Regulkfro Reel" glide down the same night-fallen freeway that Jonathan Richman and Neu! romanticized 30 years ago, with pristine guitar harmonics, interwoven math-rock melodies and electronic coloration over a midtempo cadence. Parlour also evokes melancholic images of a wilderness that will soon be paved over by subdivisions. The last two tracks slightly deviate from the rock-centric album, as they are science documentary-synth explorations. "Svrendikditement" particularly startles with its split-personality duel between art-damaged hip-hop beats and music-box melodies.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player