- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Temporary Residence
What Kentucky natives Parlour (featuring ex-members of Aerial M and The For Carnation) offer in Googler is a hypnotic glimpse of what post-rock is best capable of. Songs like "Jololinine" and "Regulkfro Reel" glide down the same night-fallen freeway that Jonathan Richman and Neu! romanticized 30 years ago, with pristine guitar harmonics, interwoven math-rock melodies and electronic coloration over a midtempo cadence. Parlour also evokes melancholic images of a wilderness that will soon be paved over by subdivisions. The last two tracks slightly deviate from the rock-centric album, as they are science documentary-synth explorations. "Svrendikditement" particularly startles with its split-personality duel between art-damaged hip-hop beats and music-box melodies.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player