Parov Stelar A Night In Torino EP
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Etage Noir
Released on his own label, Linz, Austria‘s Stelar drops a lively EP that‘s strongly influenced by swing jazz, funky house and his own unique sound. That sound-like his previous output on Auris and STIR-15-is attuned to the night, with velvety and ethereal textures enveloping sturdy house rhythms. Both the suspenseful "Rude Boys" and the upbeat "A Night In Torino" put jazzy horn samples in the Cuisinart and blend thoroughly with hefty house-not-house beats. If Mr. Scruff‘s "Get A Move On" was your jam, this EP might be too.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player