Part 2 Live From the Breadline
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Big Dada
Known primarily as the beats guru behind progressive UK hip-hop crew New Flesh for Old, Part 2, through a bevy of remixes, has hinted at possibilities far greater. The prospect of Live From the Breadline was therefore quite promising. Nevertheless, the record is overstuffed with guest vocalists (Juice Aleem, Sandra Nelson, Lotek) and does little to establish Part 2 as more than a "producer" (albeit a highly skilled one deft at drawing from all manner of black music, from grime to dub to raved up garage). Perhaps foolishly, I was certain there was an Endtroducing in this man; not when on the breadline, evidently.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player