Peanut Butter Wolf Badmeangood Vol. 3
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Ultimate Dilemma
Imagine a loft party where yuppie Reaganites nervously shuffle along to The Human League and Joe Jackson on a cardboard-covered dancefloor that's hogged by b-boys who slam into oily-haired swingers trying to hook up over the fondue pot. Such imagery comes to mind when turntablist legend Peanut Butter Wolf presents a slide-show of what hip-hop means to him in the Badmeaningood DJ-roots series. Unfortunately, his broad aesthetic is often vague and uneven here. Wolf begins with classic breaks from Grandmaster Flash and Lord Alibaski, and then overindulges in "easy-listening urban FM" fodder, before dub poet Prince Far I and the Jungle Brothers finally show up and save the night with fresh kegs. Unsettling.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player