Peder And He Just Pointed to the Sky...
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Ubiquity
Taking cues from an interview he read with producer Rick Rubin, Danish remixer and DJ Peder embarked on an inward quest. Having refashioned the sounds of The Beastie Boys and DJ Krush, Peder was determined to tap into the cinematic soundscape inside his non-mainstream soul. With And He Just... he's created a dark and brooding beast full of horror-movie pianos and stabbing percussive thrusts. It's not an easy, or particularly interesting, listen, but within this quest he managed to create one of the greatest singles of the past decade. "The Sour," featuring ex-Screaming Headless Torsos vocalist Dean Bowman, is a jazz-gospel gem proving that a part can equal, and indeed surpass, the sum of the whole.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player