Peder And He Just Pointed to the Sky...
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Ubiquity
Taking cues from an interview he read with producer Rick Rubin, Danish remixer and DJ Peder embarked on an inward quest. Having refashioned the sounds of The Beastie Boys and DJ Krush, Peder was determined to tap into the cinematic soundscape inside his non-mainstream soul. With And He Just... he's created a dark and brooding beast full of horror-movie pianos and stabbing percussive thrusts. It's not an easy, or particularly interesting, listen, but within this quest he managed to create one of the greatest singles of the past decade. "The Sour," featuring ex-Screaming Headless Torsos vocalist Dean Bowman, is a jazz-gospel gem proving that a part can equal, and indeed surpass, the sum of the whole.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player