Peder And He Just Pointed to the Sky...
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Ubiquity
Taking cues from an interview he read with producer Rick Rubin, Danish remixer and DJ Peder embarked on an inward quest. Having refashioned the sounds of The Beastie Boys and DJ Krush, Peder was determined to tap into the cinematic soundscape inside his non-mainstream soul. With And He Just... he's created a dark and brooding beast full of horror-movie pianos and stabbing percussive thrusts. It's not an easy, or particularly interesting, listen, but within this quest he managed to create one of the greatest singles of the past decade. "The Sour," featuring ex-Screaming Headless Torsos vocalist Dean Bowman, is a jazz-gospel gem proving that a part can equal, and indeed surpass, the sum of the whole.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player