Pedro Pedro Album
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Melodic
You're supposed to be so very impressed by the super-cool album artwork from Shynola, which, admittedly, is pretty. Ah, but the music itself: it's rich, multi-faceted majesty, it's flowing tapestries of enveloping aural bliss, causing all incestuous in-crowd considerations to reveal their ultimately empty nature. Sounding not unlike an amalgam of Four Tet's 1999 album Dialogue and some summery micro-house, James Rutledge's starting points are, not surprisingly, the same, (i.e. hip-hop, 2-step, jazz and 20th century classical). But from within this palette, Pedro manages to deftly create a perennial blooming garden of intrigue all his own, steeped in pure vision.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player