Pedro "You, Me & Everyone"
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Mush
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
London's James Rutledge has been emerging from obscurity for some time, but now his genius is simply unmistakable. You, Me & Everyone is a cognizant walkabout through the surreal seasons of Pedro's musical breadth; a kaleidoscopic interlacing of styles so natural it's unnerving. His repertoire of Wu-era beats and old-school techno craftsmanship serve as a foundation for "Hope Is a Happiness" and "Red Apples," but it's the John Zorn-ish freeform jazz modality and subliminally smooth mixing that allow tracks like "Spools" and "Lung" to scramble all reference points so blissfully. Cool it all off with the pure, opiate-like solace of "Slowly" and you've touched back down. Mush has nailed it yet again.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player