Pedro "You, Me & Everyone"
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Mush
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
London's James Rutledge has been emerging from obscurity for some time, but now his genius is simply unmistakable. You, Me & Everyone is a cognizant walkabout through the surreal seasons of Pedro's musical breadth; a kaleidoscopic interlacing of styles so natural it's unnerving. His repertoire of Wu-era beats and old-school techno craftsmanship serve as a foundation for "Hope Is a Happiness" and "Red Apples," but it's the John Zorn-ish freeform jazz modality and subliminally smooth mixing that allow tracks like "Spools" and "Lung" to scramble all reference points so blissfully. Cool it all off with the pure, opiate-like solace of "Slowly" and you've touched back down. Mush has nailed it yet again.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player