Pedro "You, Me & Everyone"
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Mush
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
London's James Rutledge has been emerging from obscurity for some time, but now his genius is simply unmistakable. You, Me & Everyone is a cognizant walkabout through the surreal seasons of Pedro's musical breadth; a kaleidoscopic interlacing of styles so natural it's unnerving. His repertoire of Wu-era beats and old-school techno craftsmanship serve as a foundation for "Hope Is a Happiness" and "Red Apples," but it's the John Zorn-ish freeform jazz modality and subliminally smooth mixing that allow tracks like "Spools" and "Lung" to scramble all reference points so blissfully. Cool it all off with the pure, opiate-like solace of "Slowly" and you've touched back down. Mush has nailed it yet again.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player