Pelican The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Hydra Head
Before metal hardens and becomes rigid and unyielding, there is a point during its manufacturing when it takes the form of a slowly moving, blistering liquid. This is the sound of Pelican. While comparisons to metal bands like Isis and Dysrhythmia are occasionally appropriate, this talented Chicago instrumental quartet fabricates a much thicker and melodic form of post-rock more akin to Austin‘s Explosions In The Sky and sometimes channeling the awesome guitar drone of short-lived Windy City heroes Hum ("Stars"). Marked by seven epic tracks of constantly morphing dynamics, The Fire in Our Throats... is yet another triumphant interpretation of classical music catered specifically for the aging mosh pit-and-devil-horns set.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player