Peter Bjorn & John Writer's Block
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Witchita-V2
For a second, let's just pretend Peter Bjorn & John's ubiquitous whistling song never existed. Without "Young Folks," Writer's Block would be another admittedly solid installment in the catalog of a Swedish post-twee band destined for also-ran status. But revisionism ain't for me. "Young Folks" is alive and well here, standing tall and proud over the rest of Writer's Block, its mere presence making the entire record stronger. But even though the single does its share of album-eclipsing, the rest of Writer's Block's 11 songs find Peter Moren, Bjorn Yttling, and John Eriksson at their creative best. From the reverbed rumbling of "Objects of My Affection" to the jangling plod of "Start to Melt," Writer's Block is filled with smartly written, immediately endearing indie pop.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player