Phil Niblock Touch Food
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Touch
Though composer Phill Niblock may have cut his teeth in the New York avant-garde of the 1960s, his work is more influential than ever, with his exploration of the power of overtones influencing numerous young musicians, such as Oren Ambarchi and Rafael Toral. With this two-CD set, his second release on the UK imprint Touch, Niblock dishes up three typically immense compositions, any one of which is enough to satisfy those hungry for dense, Niblockian drones. As always, the apparent stillness of Niblock's pieces belies an almost unearthly complexity, as layer upon layer of harmonic fields shift and change, and yet somehow stay the same. Transcendent.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player