Philip Jeck Host
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Sub Rosa
Along with Christian Marclay, Otomo Yoshihide and Martin Tetreault, UK musician Philip Jeck has been at the forefront of the reinvention of the turntable as instrument rather than mere playback device. Armed with an array of vintage record players and prepared vinyl, Jeck creates mesmerizing music through the slow accretion of a variety of simply yet radically altered sounds (choral singing, guitar, spoken word) filtered through a haze of crackles and tics. Host collects four excellent examples of Jeck's work from 2001 and 2002, including a fascinating Quicktime video of a live radio session that sheds some light on the method behind Jeck's highly affective music.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player