PhTHALOCYANINE About This Product Trash Art
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Phthal
Like the early Zacks EP and 2000's 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track on Planet Mu, Phthalocyanine's About embraces experimental sound while shunning the academic. So you must either crave massive levels of dada bass, feedback and static that struggle in tandem to adopt physical form, or revel in complex sample overlays enrapt in the drama of culling meaning from their imploded sonic imprint in order to get past the album's caustic exterior. It's a battle royale between chaotic noise and musical structure, one so exquisite it'll make your ass hurt.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player