PhTHALOCYANINE About This Product Trash Art
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Phthal
Like the early Zacks EP and 2000's 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track on Planet Mu, Phthalocyanine's About embraces experimental sound while shunning the academic. So you must either crave massive levels of dada bass, feedback and static that struggle in tandem to adopt physical form, or revel in complex sample overlays enrapt in the drama of culling meaning from their imploded sonic imprint in order to get past the album's caustic exterior. It's a battle royale between chaotic noise and musical structure, one so exquisite it'll make your ass hurt.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player