PhTHALOCYANINE About This Product Trash Art
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Phthal
Like the early Zacks EP and 2000's 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track on Planet Mu, Phthalocyanine's About embraces experimental sound while shunning the academic. So you must either crave massive levels of dada bass, feedback and static that struggle in tandem to adopt physical form, or revel in complex sample overlays enrapt in the drama of culling meaning from their imploded sonic imprint in order to get past the album's caustic exterior. It's a battle royale between chaotic noise and musical structure, one so exquisite it'll make your ass hurt.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player