Pigeon John ...And The Summertime Pool Party
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Quannum
If Pigeon John represents a "new generation of just regular dudes," then hip-hop is in for a promising future. While this Angeleno's last album, Pigeon John Sings The Blues, was heavy on self-deprecation, here he exudes pure confidence with producers RJD2, DJ Rhettmatic, and newcomers supplying the uptempo heat. On "Freaks! Freaks!" John tells females who paid him no mind, "It's the boy that you laughed at/Didn't give me a chance now I drive a Cadillac/So what, it's 12 years old/Baby, it's still cold." With his head held high, he humorously reflects on the many ways he's been fired ("I Lost My Job Again") and even grills God on why he let the world take a turn for the worse ("As We Know It"). Free of reservations, this regular dude brings forth his best album to date.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player