Pinback Nautical Antiques
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Ace Fu
Who knew machines could make such beautiful music? Even Pinback's rarities and b-sides, including the ones made between 1998 and 2001, collected here, have a crystalline grace to them. The fact that they were all created in garages and bedrooms is a finer validation of the internet age than anything else. Laptop-pop nuggets abound here, from the airy harmonies (and sampled kettle whistle) of "Anti-Hu" to Zach Smith's and Rob Crow's dexterous finger work on the online-only "Messenger." Like watching spider webs glitter in a synthetic sun.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player