Pinback Nautical Antiques
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Ace Fu
Who knew machines could make such beautiful music? Even Pinback's rarities and b-sides, including the ones made between 1998 and 2001, collected here, have a crystalline grace to them. The fact that they were all created in garages and bedrooms is a finer validation of the internet age than anything else. Laptop-pop nuggets abound here, from the airy harmonies (and sampled kettle whistle) of "Anti-Hu" to Zach Smith's and Rob Crow's dexterous finger work on the online-only "Messenger." Like watching spider webs glitter in a synthetic sun.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player