Pissed Jeans Hope for Men
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Sub Pop
Expanding on the unhealthy din of 2006's Shallow, Pennsylvania's Pissed Jeans continue their legacy with Hope for Men, their first full-length on Sub Pop. Combining claustrophobic vocals with dirty, repetitive riffs, the band occupies a space between noise and hardcore previously inhabited by the Jesus Lizard and Flipper. One new aspect is the addition of piano, which adds an element of creepiness to Matt Korvette's raspy, guttural vocals. Elsewhere, shrill distortion makes way for fist-pumping mayhem on "People Person," while droning guitars vomit arena-ready rock anthems ("A Bad Wind," for one). Filled with heavy-as-molasses jams, Hope for Men will blow your mind if you can stomach it.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player