Pit Er Pat Pyramids
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Thrill Jockey
Last year, Pit Er Pat released the freewheeling Shakey, an album full of innocent eyes, wary synths, and preschool drums. Much has changed since: trading cheer for spook, and youthful exuberance for paranoia, the band's divinely complete Pyramids is the sound of a matured band. Physically enthralling, the record's 11 songs dig into the skin, trading anxious passages for nervous swells and terse verses for tense choruses. Shakey was what it felt like to chomp cotton candy and hold hands at the carnival; Pyramids is how a murder ballad sounds from the merry-go-round.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player