Pita Get Off
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: H‚pna
"Babel" is the ultimate Pita song. Peter Rehberg trash-compacts a game show horn blast that shoots 100 feet in the air and then shatters into a thousand pieces. He struggles to resurrect the corpse, but quits when it‘s a hassle. That fine abuse of electricity and nerve appears on Get Off, his third "Get" album (after Get Down and Get Out). Rehberg‘s handiwork veers from plangent, bell-rung drones to nose-blown hits of feedback and digital mulch. Just don‘t take him seriously-his drone piece that sounds like nuclear fallout lathering a city is titled "Like Watching Shit on a Shelf."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player