Pita Get Off
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: H‚pna
"Babel" is the ultimate Pita song. Peter Rehberg trash-compacts a game show horn blast that shoots 100 feet in the air and then shatters into a thousand pieces. He struggles to resurrect the corpse, but quits when it‘s a hassle. That fine abuse of electricity and nerve appears on Get Off, his third "Get" album (after Get Down and Get Out). Rehberg‘s handiwork veers from plangent, bell-rung drones to nose-blown hits of feedback and digital mulch. Just don‘t take him seriously-his drone piece that sounds like nuclear fallout lathering a city is titled "Like Watching Shit on a Shelf."
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player