- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Unschooled
Through mysterious means, Iceland‘s Arnar Helgi Adalsteinsson and Vilhjalmur Palsson have captured the lonely, pathos-laden aura of sparsely populated towns in the American Southwest. Plat‘s deft use of space, reverb, and hyper-intricate percussion enables them to conjure poignantly cinematic soundscapes that recall A Small Good Thing and Icarus. Subtlety guides Plat through their 10-track debut album, as they seamlessly mesh organic and electronic elements into elegant compositions. Plat‘s chops on guitar, bass, drums and computer are impeccable, but not at the expense of emotional depth. Compulsion is an accomplished debut that launches Plat to the head of the Icelandic music pack.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player