Platinum Pied Pipers Triple P
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Ubiquity
The shuffling, one-two beat that dominates Triple P pumps like a piston, with sparks flying after every stroke. It's a fitting focus for the Piper production duo of Wajeed and Saadiq, both Detroit natives. Their debut has been hailed as an example of next-level soul, but this vital and varied album works best when it remixes the past. "Now or Never" sizzles with a combination of double-dutch handclaps and soulful singing. The sexy R&B song "Fever" starts out like an Usher joint, but soon the joyful singing perfectly channels early Michael Jackson. If only other producers followed the Pipers' lead.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player