Pluramon Dreams Top Rock
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Karaoke Kalk
The shoegaze revival has not hit Hot Topic retail stores, MTV airways and the pages of SLEAZEnation. Until it does, Pluramon's shift from being Can's post-rock stepchild to a shaman conjuring up the sleepwalking ghosts of My Bloody Valentine and Flying Saucer Attack shall delight. Mastermind Marcus Schmickler melts glaciers of lysergic guitar distortion and acoustic porch-jams over bass-blown thunk. Guest singer and Twin Peaks chanteuse Julee Cruise sounds like Dolly Parton imitating the MBV girls, but is nonetheless arresting with her nude-nymph-hysterically-giggling-in-the-woods vibe. While Dreams lacks the DSP punch of Pluramon's last LP, Render Bandits, it still sounds terribly fresh in such a conservative time for indie rock.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player