Pluramon Dreams Top Rock
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Karaoke Kalk
The shoegaze revival has not hit Hot Topic retail stores, MTV airways and the pages of SLEAZEnation. Until it does, Pluramon's shift from being Can's post-rock stepchild to a shaman conjuring up the sleepwalking ghosts of My Bloody Valentine and Flying Saucer Attack shall delight. Mastermind Marcus Schmickler melts glaciers of lysergic guitar distortion and acoustic porch-jams over bass-blown thunk. Guest singer and Twin Peaks chanteuse Julee Cruise sounds like Dolly Parton imitating the MBV girls, but is nonetheless arresting with her nude-nymph-hysterically-giggling-in-the-woods vibe. While Dreams lacks the DSP punch of Pluramon's last LP, Render Bandits, it still sounds terribly fresh in such a conservative time for indie rock.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player