Plus Device Puncture
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Hefty
While some of our obsessive colleagues continue to consume themselves with uncovering the secret identity of Plus Device, the rest of us are just too busy high-fiving each other over Puncture to care. Following their debut Body Heat EP from early 2006, Puncture gives the mystery duo ample space to really fuck shit up. "Pupil Measurement" and the original cut of "Body Heat" open the album up with a solid nod to the Bambaata-fied electro-funk styles of the mid-'80s Bronx before sliding into 808-riddled Detroit ghetto-tech bounce ("Sexual Harassment") and classic Chi-town acid house grit ("Our Pleasure (Realization)"). And thus this lusty, three-city jet set continues, with echoes of Mantronix, Phuture, and Juan Atkins serving as the stimulant behind a phalanx of analog neck-poppers born out of a love for the music rather than some semi-informed fashion statement.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player