A-Plus My Last Good Deed
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Hiero Imperium
An original member of Souls of Mischief, A-Plus has already earned his place in hip-hop's pantheon, both for his innovative lyrical approach and for the Hieroglyphics crew's pioneering stance. A-Plus has kept busy in recent years as half of production team Compound 7, and all that time in the lab has paid off as he finally delivers the album his fans have been waiting for. Equally comfortable smashing through solo tracks like "Patna Please" or collaborating with friends like Del, Jennifer Johns, Femi, and Sunspot Jonz, A-Plus drops hella knowledge while keeping the party crackin'. Inspired by everything from his Caribbean roots ("The One") to the tragic death of a close friend ("Kiss the Sky") to fluffy green twomp sacks ("My Dub Song"), My Last Good Deed upholds Hiero's storied underground hip-hop tradition and reveals him to be one of the last honest MCs.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player