Pole Folder Zero Gold
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Bedrock
What happens when you take big-room trancey club tracks, slow down the bpm, and drop in Enigma-like vocals? You get something that sounds like it belongs more on adult contemporary radio than in an elegant cocktail lounge. It‘s clear that Pole Folder‘s Benoit Franquet was shooting for a chill, ethereal album with a positive vibe, and some of Zero Gold‘s sound design and trance washes are sweepingly beautiful; unfortunately, most of its beatwork sounds thuddingly monotonous. Franquet‘s lack of interest in playing with rhythm results in washed-out club ditties rather than stirring downtempo creations.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player