Pole Folder Zero Gold
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Bedrock
What happens when you take big-room trancey club tracks, slow down the bpm, and drop in Enigma-like vocals? You get something that sounds like it belongs more on adult contemporary radio than in an elegant cocktail lounge. It‘s clear that Pole Folder‘s Benoit Franquet was shooting for a chill, ethereal album with a positive vibe, and some of Zero Gold‘s sound design and trance washes are sweepingly beautiful; unfortunately, most of its beatwork sounds thuddingly monotonous. Franquet‘s lack of interest in playing with rhythm results in washed-out club ditties rather than stirring downtempo creations.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player