- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Mute
For all the conception behind this disc, it makes good background music for Saturday brunch at home. Berlin's Pole has cooked up a new series consisting of two previous releases that merge into this self-titled full-length. Here, Ohio rapper Fat Jon's urgent spoken-word vocals now appear on the four tracks that made up Pole's "45/45" EP, as well as on opener "Slow Motion" from Pole's "90/90" single. Sly percussive change-ups, soft melodic tones, and, at times, live sax and upright bass, combine to create a techno/hip-hop hybrid that will appeal to IDM/downtempo fans. Three out of four brunchers didn't mind it either.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player