Poni Hoax Poni Hoax
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Tigersushi
What do five French geezers who love disco and rock 'n' roll have in common with Roxy Music? A penchant for naked ladies on album covers and a distinctly European flavor-a little silly, very catchy, and overflowing with feel-good vibes. The Hoaxes show an impressive versatility: Nicolas Ker's deep intonations on "Carrie Ann" could be David Bowie on his best day, while Ker's same vocals set against the disco-pop lines on "Involutive Star" pulse and ebb with hard-rockin' moods. Proof that a good producer (here, Joakim Bouaziz of Annie and Air fame) can make all the difference.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player